What a day!! Over 600 of you joined us on Monday Feb 6th for the first ever #StandStrong event to show your support and solidarity with women subjected to domestic abuse.
The G+C, Allianz and Women’s Aid communities came together at Bray Seafront to do the Yoga Warrior Pose, a non-confrontational symbol of focus, confidence and courage followed by a yoga and wellness class with the sensational Yin Yoga Jen. Thanks so much to Sarah Benson, CEO of Women’s Aid for her powerful opening and our wonderful MC Niamh Cullen for getting us all pumped up! And huge thank you to our friends at Catalyst Coffee who kept us caffeinated and were collecting for Women’s Aid throughout the day too.
The #StandStrong movement aims to combat domestic abuse, remove stigma surrounding it and drive for zero tolerance of the issue while raising much-needed funds to support the work of Women’s Aid. Speaking up against domestic abuse is a symbol of strength.
There is still time to get involved by:
We hope to update you all on in the coming weeks on total amount raised, but the energy and good vibes were so contagious that we had people jumping walls and leaning over barriers to support and donate. It was hard not to be emotional! We know from ticket sales alone we have raised over €12,000 for Women’s Aid ❤️
#StandStrong Event Highlight Gallery
Check out our highlight gallery below and see if you can spot yourself or some friends!
Event Feedback Survey
If you were at our event please do feedback on our survey below so we can help make future events even better!
Some facts on domestic abuse
- Domestic abuse is a complex issue, which takes many forms and affects 1 in 4 women in Ireland, from all backgrounds and ages.
- During the COVID lockdowns in 2020 reports increased by 43%, according to Women’s Aid 24hr National Freephone Helpline.
- 1 in 2 adults in Ireland knows someone who has experienced abuse, however, one third of domestic abuse survivors will never tell anyone about it
- Domestic abuse is never acceptable, under any circumstance
- As a community we need to stand strong and show support to anyone subjected to abuse. Showcasing to victims/Survivors that they are not alone.
We #StandStrong with anyone subjected to abuse.
If you’d like to hear first about future Gym+Coffee events please sign up below: