Who are we?
Gym+Coffee is an Irish-born, globally-raised athleisure clothing brand and active community.
We believe in awesome things to do, a rad crew to do things with and quality gear to do things in.
Our goal is to encourage a community of people to Make Life Richer and that begins with our customers’ first interactions with us - online and in-person. Our retail Clubhouses are at the centre of our world, offering a welcoming space to seek advice on products, learn about our events and community resources, or just pop in for the craic!
Our team is growing and we’re looking for fun, active, inclusive, genuine and optimistic people to join the crew.
If you like your coffee strong and your gym sessions early; you take active outdoor pursuits as seriously as you do your down time; and you have a passion for squeezing the most out of life, then read on....!
The Role -
The main role of our Store Manager is to create a unique brand experience in our stores in line with G+C core values. This is a super important role in our company and we rely on our instore managers and teams to authentically share our culture and brand and to inspire! Our goal is to create fun and excitement for our product and brand with our customers so that everyone leaves our stores feeling part of our community!
Key Objective -
To maximise sales & profitability within the store through excellent customer service and visual merchandising standards, while creating a unique brand experience in line with Gym+Coffee values. Oversee the effective management of the store and team, directly supporting the Retail Director.
The Requirements -
- To be Passionate, Friendly and Authentic!
- Have a strong sense of personal style and be athletically minded.
- Be an excellent team player and have the ability to work independently.
- To be responsible and dependable.
- Be proactive and solution-oriented.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Excellent people interaction, organisational and time management skills.
- The ability and willingness to accept and provide feedback!
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Be willing to generally help out, this is a startup so from time to time everyone just needs to muck in!
- A desire to Make Life Richer!
- Have strong awareness of your store as a business, and clearly demonstrate your knowledge in regards to its performance.
- Communicate sales targets and results ensuring all employees understand their role in delivering them
- Identify and inform the Retail Director of any risks or areas that require improvement, present issues & solutions and work collaboratively to address them
- Monitor competitor activity and react/feedback accordingly
- Maintain maximum stock availability through effective use of replenishment
- Ensure trade reports are completed and the data is analysed to support commercial decisions affecting sales
- Support the Retail Director to control, manage and minimise all controllable costs efficiently (within planned budgets and targets).
- Support the Retail Director to recruit and retain high calibre employees that reflect the Gym+Coffee brand and promote excellent customer service
- Schedule & provide a full and comprehensive induction for each new employee, ensuring that all probationary periods are completed as appropriate
- Ensure that the sales team are reflective of brand expectations
- Encourage and recognise outstanding team performance to increase team motivation and store morale
- Identify the training & development needs of your team, and seek opportunities for people to fulfill their potential
- Provide constructive feedback on a regular basis to the team regarding performance, and develop/coach where needed.
- Support the Retail Dirctor to identify & address any training and development/performance issues within the team
- Remain open-minded and responsive to the views of others, demonstrating active listening skills as appropriate
- Be able & willing to adapt your management style to different situations and people.
- Provide inspiration for the sales team by having a clear vision, expectations and through leading by example
- Support and drive the business strategy through strong teamwork, both with immediate colleagues and in other areas of the business
- Empower your team to demonstrate initiative, effective problem solving and to actively seek opportunities for development
- Communicate information effectively to all parties, using appropriate language
- Remain calm and be able to make rational decisions whilst under pressure or in difficult situations
- Support the Retail Director by embracing change in a positive and enthusiastic manner, ensuring effective execution of initiatives
- Motivate and engage the team to deliver a ‘unique customer experience’ culture within the store.
- Demonstrate effective time management skills, by taking a proactive approach to the management of your own work and the work of your team
- Manage multiple demands and shifting priorities, always working to ensure deadlines are met and standards maintained
- Effectively delegate tasks to your team based on their strengths and area of responsibilities, following up those instructions to ensure completion.
- Fully understand the expectations of your role and accept general accountability for your responsibilities in store
- Recognise, accept and maintain only the highest standards in store
- Support the Retail Director to create an excellent customer service culture within your store
- Take full ownership of your personal development actively seeking feedback to improve performance.
- Timely completion of store rotas and monitor holidays/time off tracker
- Ensure payroll information is submitted accurately and timely to the Payroll Department
- Support the Retail Director to ensure store operations are in line with brand expectations and company practice
- Promote and deliver excellence in visual standards in-line with company guidelines and expectations
- Effectively and accurately execute all VM floor updates, promotions and product launches in line with company guidelines, ensuring deadlines are met
- Effectively maintain best practice within both stock room and the store office to ensure that all stock and administration is in line with company guidelines (including personnel files any confidential information)
- Comply with company policies regarding receipt of deliveries ensuring they are dealt with within in a timely manner, minimising any stock loss impact on the store/business
- Protect stock and other company assets through promoting awareness of loss prevention within the team and through store compliance with security procedures
- Ensure all store banking and administration is reconciled each day in line with company procedures
- Ensure the store is a safe working environment by adhering to company H&S guidelines reporting and following up maintenance issues promptly
- Maintain housekeeping standards, ensuring all front and back of house areas are kept clean and tidy.
If you have a passion for retail and a desire to work with a cool, progressive and sustainable brand- we want to hear from you!