Gym+Coffee is an Irish owned, and Irish designed activewear brand. Our burning passion is to encourage a community of people to stretch themselves and Make Life Richer.
Launched in January 2017, Gym+Coffee started with a unique range of hoodies, t-shirts, and beanies. Since launch we have extended our product range, launched 4 retail stores across Ireland, launched online into the UK and the US markets, named one of Ireland Top 25 Start-Ups, and have a passionate following of over 100,000. More details about Gym+Coffee here.
This is a key role at Gym+Coffee. We are looking for an experienced Merchandiser who can ensure we always have the right products, in the right place, at the right time.
This new role will be responsible for stock planning, management and control across the Gym+Coffee business including online and our growing retail store network. The job requires highly developed numerical skills and an innate ability to spot trends.
The Merchandiser will work closely with Product Buying and Design and other business functions including marketing and logistics.
We are looking for a natural collaborator with strong interpersonal skills, matched with the ability to take the lead on large business decisions with high impact. The candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to work in a start-up environment with multiple projects ongoing at the same time.
- Analyse historical sales figures, customers reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs and plan product ranges/stock
- Using data and insight make recommendations on forward buying levels
- Provide regular analysis and progress reports referring to stock levels, sales performance and stock purchases to team and senior management
- Collaborate with buyers/designers on range planning to maximise commercial opportunities for products.
- Ensuring that overall stock levels and buying are in line with business sales plans
- Monitor and manage delivery of stock to stores
- Forecast profits/sales and plan budgets
- Monitor stock movement and consider markdowns, promotions, price changes, clear outs etc
- Remain up to date with industry’s best practices
- Plan and develop merchandising strategies that balance customers’ expectations and company’s objectives
- 5 years experience working as a merchandiser in a fashion environment.
- Highly analytical and able to pull insights from data and sales reports
- Up-to-date with the latest merchandising trends, best practices and fashion industry trends
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening, presentation and decision making skills
- Commercial acumen and the ability to “decode” customers
- Lead by example and live the Make Life Richer culture
If you are interested in this role, please apply by sending your CV and a short intro email to email@example.com.
Location: Dublin City Centre
Gym+Coffee prides itself on its core belief - to inspire a community of people to Make Life Richer. First and foremost, this passion must come from company team members. Every employee is encouraged to pursue activities which they are passionate about and enable them to make their life richer. A percentage of the working time can be allocated to such activities.