Retail Manager UK
Who are we?
Gym+Coffee is an Irish-born, globally-raised athleisure clothing brand and active community.
We believe in awesome things to do, a rad crew to do things with and quality gear to do things in.
Our goal is to encourage a community of people to Make Life Richer and that begins with our customers’ first interactions with us - online and in-person. Our retail Clubhouses are at the centre of our world, offering a welcoming space to seek advice on products, learn about our events and community resources, or just pop in for the craic!
Our team is growing and we’re looking for fun, active, inclusive, genuine and optimistic people to join the crew.
If you like your coffee strong and your gym sessions early; you take active outdoor pursuits as seriously as you do your down time; and you have a passion for squeezing the most out of life, then rad on....!
The Role -
The main role of our Retail Manager UK is to oversee the operations of a growing number of stores in the UK. You will assume responsibility for the overall success of the stores by driving the business to exceed company targets and goals, supervising store managers and ensuring they are attained and creating a unique brand experience across our stores in line with G+C core values.
This is an important role in our company and we rely on our managers and teams to authentically share our culture and brand and to inspire! We aim to create fun and excitement for our product and brand with our teams and customers so that everyone leaves our stores feeling part of our community!
Key Objectives -
The goal is to ensure our stores will meet and exceed expectations of business development and efficiency. To maximise sales & profitability across all stores through effective people and operations management, directly supporting the Retail Director.
- Set standards and objectives for different stores ensure growth and long-term success
- Optimise and oversee operations to ensure efficiency
- Lead a team of store managers towards effective collaboration and attainment of goals
- Report to Retail Director on progress and issues
- Undertake sound financial management to ensure stores are profitable and stay within budget
- Ensure compliance with company’s policies and operational guidelines
- Deal with problems by providing creative and practical solutions
- Evaluate performance using key metrics and address issues to improve it
- Support Retail Director in decisions for expansion or acquisition and formulate business development strategies
The Requirements -
- To be Passionate, Friendly and Authentic!
- Have a strategic mindset and be an excellent leader.
- Have a strong sense of personal style and be athletically minded.
- To be responsible and dependable.
- Be proactive and solution-oriented.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent people interaction, organisational and time management skills.
- The ability and willingness to accept and provide feedback!
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent abilities in financial and operations planning are also essential
- Proven experience as an area manager, store manager, or similar managerial role
- Knowledge of performance evaluation metrics and principles
- Sound understanding of optimisation of store operations and standards for success
- Strong business acumen with a strategic orientation
- Be willing to generally help out, this is a startup so from time to time everyone just needs to muck in!
- A desire to Make Life Richer!
- Have strong awareness of all stores as individual businesses, and clearly demonstrate your knowledge in regards to each performance
- Communicate sales targets and results ensuring all managers understand their role in delivering them
- Identify and inform the Retail Director of any risks or areas that require improvement, present issues & solutions and work collaboratively to address them
- Monitor competitor activity and react/feedback accordingly
- Maintain maximum stock availability across all stores through effective use of replenishment
- Ensure trade reports are utilised and the data is analysed to support commercial decisions affecting sales
- Support the Retail Director to control, manage and minimise all controllable costs efficiently (within planned budgets and targets).
- Support the Retail Director to recruit and retain high calibre management and teams that reflect the Gym+Coffee brand and promote excellent customer service
- Support HR and store managers to provide a full and comprehensive induction for each new employee, ensuring that all probationary periods are completed as appropriate
- Ensure that the retail teams are reflective of brand expectations
- Encourage and recognise outstanding team performance to increase team motivation and morale
- Identify the training & development needs of your managers and teams, and seek opportunities for people to fulfil their potential
- Provide constructive feedback on a regular basis to managers and teams regarding performance, and develop/coach where needed.
- Support the Retail Director to identify & address any training and development/performance issues within management and retail teams
- Remain open-minded and responsive to the views of others, demonstrating active listening skills as appropriate
- Be able & willing to adapt your management style to different situations and people.
- Provide inspiration for managers and retail teams by having a clear vision, expectations and through leading by example
- Support and drive the business strategy through strong teamwork, both with immediate colleagues and in other areas of the business
- Empower your managers and teams to demonstrate initiative, effective problem solving and to actively seek opportunities for development
- Communicate information effectively to all parties, using appropriate language
- Remain calm and be able to make rational decisions whilst under pressure or in difficult situations
- Support the Retail Director by embracing change in a positive and enthusiastic manner, ensuring effective execution of initiatives
- Motivate and engage the team to deliver a ‘unique customer experience’ culture within the store.
- Demonstrate effective time management skills, by taking a proactive approach to the management of your own work and the work of your teams
- Manage multiple demands and shifting priorities, always working to ensure deadlines are met and standards maintained
- Effectively delegate tasks to your managers and teams based on their strengths and area of responsibilities, following up those instructions to ensure completion.
- Fully understand the expectations of your role and accept general accountability for your responsibilities across all stores
- Recognise, accept and maintain only the highest standards across all stores
- Support the Retail Director to create an excellent customer service culture across all stores
- Take full ownership of your personal development actively seeking feedback to improve performance.
- Oversee manager rotas and monitor holidays/time off
- Ensure payroll information is submitted accurately and timely to the Payroll Department
- Support the Retail Director to ensure store operations are in line with brand expectations and company practice
- Promote and support store managers to deliver excellence in visual standards in-line with company guidelines and expectations
- Oversee and support store managers to effectively and accurately execute all VM floor updates, promotions and product launches in line with company guidelines, ensuring deadlines are met
- Oversee and support store managers to effectively maintain best practice across stock operations and the store office to ensure that all stock and administration is in line with company guidelines (including personnel files any confidential information)
- Oversee and support store managers to comply with company policies regarding receipt of deliveries ensuring they are dealt with within in a timely manner, minimising any stock loss impact on the store/business
- Protect stock and other company assets through promoting awareness of loss prevention within the store teams and through store compliance with security procedures
- Oversee and support store managers to ensure all store banking and administration is reconciled each day in line with company procedures
- Ensure the store is a safe working environment by adhering to company H&S guidelines reporting and following up maintenance issues promptly
- Oversee and support store managers to maintain housekeeping standards.