THIS ROLE IS NOW FILLED! KEEP CHECKING BACK THOUGH - WE"RE ALWAYS LOOKNG FOR NEW CREW MEMBERS!
Gym+Coffee is an Irish owned, and Irish designed activewear brand. Our burning passion is to encourage a community of people to stretch themselves and Make Life Richer. Launched in January 2017, Gym+Coffee started with a unique range of hoodies, t-shirts, and beanies. Since launch we have extended our product range, launched 6 retail stores across Ireland, launched online into the UK, Australia and the US markets, is one of Ireland’s fastest growing businesses, and have a passionate community of over 150,000.
We are looking for a passionate Junior Buyer to join our Product Team and assist our Head Buyer. The Junior Buyer's responsibilities include maintaining positive supplier relations, preparing retail and pricing strategies, placing and tracking purchase orders, managing inventory and keeping track of market trends. Our new Junior Buyer will need to be confident, highly organized and an excellent communicator with an analytical mind and excellent negotiating skills. Being responsible for athleisure product ranges a Junior Buyer will be heavily involved in product development and may attend overseas factory visits and inspiration trips for the next seasons fashion range.
The Junior Buyer will report directly into the Head Buyer and work closely with the Senior Merchandiser and Product Design Team.
- Assisting the buyer with the selection of the right product mix.
- Develop and maintain a supplier database to strengthen the procurement process.
- Preparing competitive retail and pricing strategies.
- Regularly review performance indicators, such as sales and discount levels
- Writing, placing and tracking purchase orders.
- Keep up to date with market trends and react to changes in demand and logistics
- Maintain relationships with existing suppliers and source new suppliers for future products, building positive, long-term relationships.
- Work with the stock management team to ensure that all deliveries satisfy the assigned purchase orders and report any back-ordered or missing products
- Attend trade fairs to select and assemble a new collection of products
- Compile reports and forecast sales levels
- Analyse consumer buying patterns and predict future trends
- Present new ranges to the team
- Liaise with management to ensure supply meets demand
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Negotiation skills and the ability to network and influence people
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Numeracy skills and proficiency using IT
- Good organisation skills and the ability to multitask
- The ability to cope with the challenge of having to make important decisions and meet tight deadlines
- The capability to work in a fast-paced environment and achieve targets
- Confident presentation style
- Follows directions well
- Attending to detail to ensure specifications are being met and quality of purchases is up to standard
- Demonstrating a passion for the type of products being purchased and a willingness to continuously stay up-to-date on trends in that sector
- Degree in fashion buying or related field.
- Experience of working closely with suppliers
- Experience with merchandising software systems is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and G Suite.
- Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown
- 4 year experience of working in a purchasing team preferably within a fashion environment
- Lead by example and live the Make Life Richer culture
Gym+Coffee prides itself on its core belief - to inspire a community of people to Make Life Richer. First and foremost, this passion must come from company team members. Every employee is encouraged to pursue activities which they are passionate about and enable them to make their life richer. A percentage of the working time can be allocated to such activities.