Head of Product
Head of Product & Design
Gym+Coffee is an Irish owned, and Irish designed activewear brand. Our burning passion is to encourage a community of people to stretch themselves and Make Life Richer.
Launched in January 2017, Gym+Coffee started with a unique range of hoodies, t-shirts, and beanies. Since launch we have extended our product range, launched 6 retail stores across Ireland, launched online into the UK, Australia and the US markets, is one of Ireland’s fastest growing businesses, and have a passionate following of over 150,000. More details about Gym+Coffee here.
Head of Product & Design
As the Head of Product & Design, you will be responsible for driving the strategy and hands on direction for the apparel product range, ensuring that the range delivers unique products that lead the market in performance, quality and style. The successful candidate will need to build and lead a team of designers, product development, buying and sourcing to execute the seasonal product range, collaborating with other teams and stakeholders to deliver innovative, relevant and well defined products in-line with the company timelines and strategic goals.
- Creation of global product and brand strategy in line with Co-Founders vision, aligning design, product creation, development, product marketing and innovation leadership
- P&L accountable and budget management ownership
- Responsible for global product ranges across apparel and accessories that deliver increased revenue, gross margin & profitability
A senior management member with set up, recruitment, leadership and coaching responsibilities of a growing team under the product umbrella of the business
- Leadership of the brand’s visual product identity and design guidelines
- Design of the Go-To market and product creation processes; better aligning product, and sales against brand and financial strategic goals.
- Ownership of the brand’s innovation roadmap, intellectual property (IP), patent and design registration portfolio.
- Driving product creation, product development and sourcing synergies.
- Discover and research new product
- Product lifecycle: Responsible for the end to end execution and delivery of products or a set of products on the product roadmap. Works with resources across and outside the organization from design to delivery to launch. Make thoughtful decisions on the fly, constantly clearing roadblocks to getting our product live.
- Ongoing Delivery. Accountable for measurement, planning and ongoing improvements of product(s).
- Process. Facilitates process mapping, gap analysis, data and how to help assess business implications of feature, product, or platform.
- Prioritization: Effectively craft plans based on priorities and set clear/measurable objectives to achieve business goals.
- Product Specifications: Write and consult on product specifications, user stories, handle design challenges and execute agile product delivery
- Analytics and Experimentation: Measure clear product critical metrics, derive key insights, and devise and execute proof-of-concept executions to learn. Gather metrics to measure how features are performing and how they can be improved, including trend line analysis, multivariate analysis, etc. Ensures ongoing monitoring of post-launch results through analysis and reporting.
- Industry Analysis: Continuously monitor and share emerging technology trends, competitive experiences and best-of-breed executions
Set KPIs for individual team members as required.
- 12+ Years experience working in apparel design in a busy environment.
- A proven track record of experience
- Solid Industry knowledge of Design; Product development and Product Innovation with the view of pushing the boundaries
- Full comprehensive understanding of apparel creation including pattern making, manufacturing and fit
- Must be self-motivated, be proactive going beyond the call of duty, have a keen eye for detail, be result-oriented, and have an ability to stay calm under pressure and in uncertainty inspiring the same in the team
- The ability to thrive, with minimum level of supervision, in a risk-taking, fast paced environment
- Proven ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Comfortable setting high level strategy but also happy to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in on day to day tasks
- Lead by example and live the Gym Plus Coffee culture with a desire to Make Life Richer
Gym+Coffee prides itself on its core belief - to inspire a community of people to Make Life Richer. First and foremost, this passion must come from company team members. Every employee is encouraged to pursue activities which they are passionate about and enable them to make their life richer. A percentage of the working week can be allocated to such activities.
How to Apply
Please email your full application to email@example.com including Cover Letter, Portfolio and CV.