Gym+Coffee is an Irish owned, and Irish designed activewear brand. Our burning passion is to encourage a community of people to stretch themselves and Make Life Richer.
Launched in January 2017, Gym+Coffee started with a unique range of hoodies, t-shirts, and beanies. Since launch we have extended our product range, launched 4 retail stores across Ireland, launched online into the UK and the US markets, named one of Ireland Top 25 Start-Ups, and have a passionate following of over 100,000.
This is a key role in driving design excellence. You will possess an aesthetic, technical and commercial awareness combined with a curious and creative outlook.
You will possess a passion for functional athleisure and providing solutions for the needs that consumers don’t yet realise they have. Comfortable operating in a dynamic and fast changing environment with the ability to support the Head of Product. You will be tasked with creating exceptional branded collections and product stories across a range of activities. Fashion and function are both equally important as well as ensuring consistency of design language and on time delivery to the market. You will be constantly researching new fashion trends and staying current on athleisure styles and what's coming down the line.
You will be a natural collaborator with strong aesthetic awareness and interpersonal skills, matched with the ability to engage, connect and influence across multiple functions. You are consumer and problem solving obsessed and bring passion and innovation to your role. Managing your own workload is key, as is the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Managing design process from conception through to final styling.
- Conducting market research to identify new trends, fabrics and techniques, and seeking design inspiration.
- Collaborating with team members to select seasonal themes, make edits to line, and create new concepts.
- Ensuring product is in agreement with business strategy.
- Liaising with suppliers and visiting overseas factories.
- Selecting fabrics and trims.
- Creating production tech packs for development packages.
- Reviewing product for style and fit during presentation.
- Presenting story, mood, colour boards, and samples to team..
- Investigate and action consumer’s product needs.
- Design assigned capsules on a seasonal basis.
- Responsible for ensuring that the brand DNA, creative direction and seasonal strategies are implemented through all concepts and designs.
- Day to day management and planning of seasonal workload.
- Working closely with development counterparts to problem solve in product
- Ability to present seasonal initiatives and product stories effectively.
- 5 Years experience working as a fashion designer in a busy environment.
- High levels of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Lead by example and live the Gym Plus Coffee culture
- A desire to Make Life Richer
- Encourage a feedback culture
If you are interested in this role, please apply by sending your CV and a short intro email to email@example.com.
Location: Dublin City Centre
Gym+Coffee prides itself on its core belief - to inspire a community of people to Make Life Richer. First and foremost, this passion must come from company team members. Every employee is encouraged to pursue activities which they are passionate about and enable them to make their life richer. A percentage of the working week can be allocated to such activities.