Assistant Garment Technologist
Who are Gym+Coffee?
At Gym+Coffee, we are on a mission to Make Life Richer! This means following our burning passion to encourage a community of people to stretch themselves, socialise around exercise and live an active lifestyle. Community is not just a buzzword, collaboration is at the heart of everything we do that’s why we involve our community in all aspects from product design to events and content production. At its most basic, G+C is an athleisure clothing brand but our message is not focused on the clothing specifically, rather we focus on highlighting people, brands, initiatives, and our community who encourage an active lifestyle.
With incredible support from our community in the last 4 years since launching, the brand has experienced significant growth in such a short time. The next chapter is just about to start as we build this community around the world! Are you up to the challenge?
Where do we need help?
Due to our continued success, we are growing our team and are looking for an Assistant Garment Technologist to take responsibility for standardising our sizing and to create a block library across their Women and Menswear products.
As an Assistant Garment Technologist you will be familiar with working cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders.
You will have previous experience of working in a similar position - fitting, measuring and working methodically to create a sizing manual that can be used within the business and by suppliers to reduce sampling and to improve sizing across the board ensuring it is consistent for our client’s customers.
The successful candidate must come from a technical background in clothing.
*This position is initially for a short-term contract (at least 3 months) but there is a view to a permanent role following this*
Day to day:
- Creating standard size blocks and grading rules across all product types
- Create a manual with size block measurements and grading rules to ensure consistency
- Create customer size guides for all product types for our website
- Other ad hoc relevant responsibilities as they arise
- 1-2 years+ experience in a similar position
- Pattern cutting experience in menswear, womenswear and ideally sportswear with sound pattern, grading and construction knowledge
- Experience creating blocks from scratch for both woven and knitwear product types
- Proficient in using CAD pattern cutting systems and industry standard software
- Experience of working on technical projects and following through to completion
- Experience of working with suppliers and factories
- A keen eye for detail with an organised, methodical style of working
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative and in team in a fast-paced environment
- Must be self-motivated and be proactive
- Good IT skills
Gym+Coffee prides itself on its core belief - to inspire a community of people to Make Life Richer. First and foremost, this passion must come from company team members. Every employee is encouraged to pursue activities which they are passionate about and enable them to make their life richer. A percentage of the working time can be allocated to such activities.
This is a really exciting opportunity to work with a fantastic brand and be part of the revolution that is Gym+Coffee!