Knowledge - 12/30/18
20 things that happened in 2018 and 18 things that didn’t
Things that did happen:
- Gym+Coffee opened its first retail location EVER, in Dundrum Town Centre (and the crowd went wild)
- Ireland beat New Zealand in a game of rugby and now Adele (our resident kiwi) has decided that rugby isn’t that important really anyway so stop talking to her about it
- Someone searched Google for ‘Jim and Coffey clothing’ and found our site and clicked on it however sadly did not purchase anything #missedopportunities #WhoIsJimCoffey
- Gym+Coffee launched the long-awaited LEGGINGS range (and the crowd went wild again!)
- Someone found a way for you to HEAR THE SUN. Mind=blown.
- The Republic of Ireland voted to Repeal the 8th amendment
- The Gym+Coffee team TRIPLED
- We listened to ‘I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas’ at least 78 times because Kate became obsessed with it
- We moved offices!
- The office got a Worry Monster and now everything’s fine
- Allie, our Digital Marketing guru moved from New York back home to Ireland so she could become our Digital Marketing guru. Yay!!!!
- Gym+Coffee held their LAUNCH EVENT IN AMERICA. New York to be exact and it was excellent
The G+C lads decided that only wearing shorts was not a great idea when you live in Ireland
- Our Gym+Coffee Summer Stretch series took place throughout the summer and there was some serious stretching going on and some awesome friendships were made
- We launched our ‘Random Thoughts’ email series and turns out we have a lot of random thoughts
- There were two engagements in the G+C offices! Which (even better) means two weddings coming up yeeeeeeoooooowwwwww!
- Our retail staff listened to Bon Jovi more than any other artist in-store this year and I think you know who we are now
- We opened our second retail location - a pop-up store in Arnotts and the crowd went wild YET AGAIN
- We ran out of beanies a couple times. We are really sorry… We will do better in 2019
- We had a Christmas party and turns out none of us are very good at Ten Pin Bowling. Anyone wanna start a beginners league next year…?
Things that DID NOT happen in 2018
- No-one asked us who Darryl is
- We did not jump in the sea enough times. Ian Morley (videographer extraordinaire) did not jump in the sea at all.
- None of the Gym+Coffee employees got tickets to the Spice Girls OR the Backstreet Boys reunion tours
- Ireland did not suddenly stop being rainy
- We did not get an office dog
- We did not get an office cat
- Pink Fleck hoodies did not become less popular
- The U.S. did not get a new president
- We did not make the most of the fact that Kate used to work at a Christmas jumper store
- Adele did not get a pet raccoon
- We did not hire a Lead Hoodie Tryer-Onner. YET.
- None of us fully completed a 12 pubs and we’re not that sorry about it
- We did not correctly complete the answer to the question ‘Which Ten Countries in the World Have Only 4 Letters in Their Names?
- We did not successfully convince Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson to become a Gym+Coffee ambassador
- We did not order enough beanies. Again, really sorry about that
- We did not correctly anticipate the popularity of our Christmas Gift Boxes
- Gym+Coffee staff did not drink fewer than 1.6 coffees each, on average, per day
- Natalie did not drink fewer than 3.2 coffees on average, by herself, every day in store.